Criteria for selection of patients for the Ibidunni Ighodalo Foundation Infertility Treatment Program
- All applicants must apply by filling the form on the website.
- All applications must be supported by an official means of Identification i.e. a Nigerian passport, driving licence or state ID.
- The names and contact details of two referees who are right standing in the society, must be provided.
- Couples must have been married legally without children for five years and must provide evidence of such.
- Age of the female spouse as at the time of application must be less than 50 years of age.
- Applicants must show evidence of their livelihood confirmed by proof of the occupations and income statement of both partners.
Terms & Conditions
- Applicants who fulfil stages 1-6 in the criteria satisfactorily, will then progress to the second stage of the selection process, which involves preliminary baseline investigations, which serves the purpose of detecting any co-existing medical pathology that may be inimical to a successful outcome or put the health of the female at serious risk, in the event pregnancy ensues from a successful outcome
- The preliminary investigations should be funded by the couple, these include:
– Infection screening of spouse
– Hormone profile, serum AMH
– Pelvic ultrasonography
– Hysteroscopy where necessary
– Hysterosalpingography or saline sonohysterogram where necessary.
- The investigations will be conducted at designated IVF centres selected by the Foundation.
- Recent medical reports of the above investigations 1-6 carried out by the couples if within 4 months from any other reputable diagnostic centre or fertility unit will be accepted.
- Recent reports of the above investigations 1-6 carried out by the couples if within 4 months from any other reputable diagnostic centre or fertility unit will be accepted.
- Patients who are found to have co-existing medical disorders that need treatment before proceeding to assisted conception treatment, will be placed on a reserve list and attended to, when treatment of the disorder is satisfactorily completed with evidence from a recognized medical personnel/institute.
- Applicants from out of state will be responsible for the cost of travel and accommodation, and remain in Lagos at their own expense for a prescribed duration during the course of their treatment.